Tuesday 7 October 2014

Masthead Practice


These are my masthead practices to help me decide what font I may use for my R&B music magazine. The reason I have labelled it "Masthead" is because I am still not sure on what I am going to name my magazine. I am still unsure on whether the font I want to use is any of the ones above, I tried to use similar fonts to the ones of R&B music magazines, however I am still unsure on whether I want to do a masthead similar to typical R&B magazines or something quite different to make it unique. I may decide to do a similar font that is also not so similar.

I like the first masthead because of the effect inside of it, the font is quite similar to the usual R&B magazines but the inside of the font has a unique twist. I may decide to use this font as the masthead but to improve it I would maybe choose it to be a different colour.

I do like the second font as it pretty much matches the typical R&B magazine masthead font. However, I still don't really want to do the exact same font as most R&B music magazines so I am unsure on whether I will use this font. To improve the font I would maybe blend the colour black into another colour.

I did like the third masthead but now I am quite unsure of it as it is quite "cringe". I like the shape of the font but I don't really like how the dots are as they are quite cartoony and I feel that if I used this font as my masthead then it may look a bit childish therefore I don't think I am going to use this font. To improve it I would make the dots look better.

I do like the fourth masthead as I like the font and I like how its not got wholes in-between the letters. However, I am not sure whether this font would be suitable for and R&B magazine. I may experiment with this font but I am not sure whether I will be using it. To improve this font I would make it look more suitable for an R&B magazine.

The final masthead would suit an R&B magazine because its quite a 'graffiti' font, which is typical for an R&B magazine but I am not sure whether I would use this font as I find this one also quite "cringe". I may experiment with this font but I am quite unsure.

However, there are still many fonts that I can choose from and decide whether I would like them more than I like the ones above for my R&B magazine. By using www.dafont.com I can find a range of fonts and decide what font to use as my masthead.

No comments:

Post a Comment