Sunday 12 October 2014

College Magazine - Drawn Drafts


Front Cover Draft

Within the front cover, I decided to do the title in a professional font and in green to show connotations of our college, I decided that I would do a yellow sticker to show connotations of our college logo, I decided that I would do a happy college student wearing his college tag to show that our college makes for a happy hard-working student, I decided that I would do the articles down the side and in a had writing font to represent the fact that you learn to write in school and this is a college magazine, and I also decided the title would be called "Education".
 These are the things that I kept the same when making my college magazine. Some of the things I made different was the background; I wasn't sure whether to do a white background to make things stand out or whether to do the college building. After experimenting with this idea, I decided to do the college building as I thought it looked more professional. Within the bottom bar, I did do what I planned which was to include the bar with an offer of "10% off Nandos" but I also included "Get half price off books in WHSmith". I did this as the Nandos offer would attract students to get the college magazine as Nandos is a popular attraction. However, I also included the books offer as it is a college magazine and books are important to college students.

This draft helped me to make a starting point for my college magazine and with this draft, I could also experiment and improve with different ideas. I quite like the front cover of my magazine because I feel that for a starting magazine practice, it went very well. However, improvements could be made  such as making things stand out more and giving it more of a professional approach.

Contents Page

Within the contents page, I decided to do the title in the same way in which I did the front cover title to link it back and to show connotations of our college, I decided to do the hand writing font for the article pages to link back to the front cover and to show connotations of learning, I decided to do large quantity of numbers to show a professional magazine, and I also decided to do a collage of pictures.
These are the things that I kept the same when making my college contents page. Some of the things in which I changed are the background, I was unsure on whether to do a white background so everything stands out or whether to do the ALZ room as the background. Although the ALZ room probably would of looked better as the background of the contents page, I decide to do a white background as the background as it helped everything to stand out and I felt that having the ALZ room as the background was a bit too much with the front cover. I also used pictures of google to have the collage of photos, infact the photographs were already a college which is quite a let down to my contents pages.
This drafts helped me to plan out what I was doing within making my contents page. When making other magazines within media I will draw a draft first as I feel that it helps a lot. I am not really happy with my contents page as I feel it was quite rushed and the fact that I didn't use my own photographs lets it down. The contents page could do with major improvements in my opinion.  



No comments:

Post a Comment